WHAT WE DO
Teaching the Scriptures is a top priority. As often as possible this teaching is emphasized and illustrated through outdoorsmanship, craftsmanship, and adventure. The teaching setting might be around a campfire at Base Camp, a rest point on a trail, or even in a traditional class setting.
We do some basic calisthenics to promote general health and development, learn discipline and rigor, and prepare for and determine readiness of outdoor adventures.
We go on backpacking trips that are more than an adventure. They offer a way to get away from the distractions of the world, and have a unique and meaningful experience seeking God.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- The Scriptures are the inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The deity of Jesus Christ: His virgin birth, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- The absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation; that people are justified only by God’s grace received by faith through Jesus Christ.
- There is a spiritual unity of believers in Jesus Christ, the Church.
- The Holy Spirit’s ministry, WITH US to bring us to Christ, IN US to seal our salvation and bring forth fruit, and UPON US to receive power and gifts unchanged from the book of Acts.